Tuesday, May 25, 2010

MEN: Shaving blues- tips/techniques PLEASE HELP?

Okay, I'm 20. I shouldn't have to resort to this to solve my problems, but this is what is has come down to.

I used to shave a lot in my mid teens and then decided I preferred the bearded look (not full beard, just a little more than stubble I guess), but now I want my face to be clean shaven, NO HAIR. I am currently using Gillette "The Best a Man Can Get..." shaving gel and the newest Gillette battery-opperated shavor with 4 razors... I'm also using Nivea face smoother outer (sorry, forgot the name), and this is supposed to make shaving easier...

Why is it then that after all of this that I have STUBBLE and I just shaved 3 minutes ago. And I went over the entire face like 3 times? Should I be using a pre-shave oil or is there another product that I should be using? Perhaps I need to buy a new razor (even though this one is knew).

I genuinely appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Thanks,
NB
Answer:
everybody i know that has those battery powered razors say they suck. get a plain mach 3. you may need to shave like i do. i shave he whole face with downward strokes then i go back over it with upward strokes. that is the way i have found that works for me..Baby smooth everytime...chicks dig it
some of us just have coarser beards than others. Maybe you need to use a regular bladed razor. Or get a really good electric razor that uses more than batteries.
Ok dude, I have a few suggestions for you and website with good resources and products. First, be sure to shave after your shower. It softens the hair and skin. Second, get a shaving brush. When you use a brush to put the shaving cream on, it helps make the hair stand up. Third, shave with the grain, then shave again at a 90 degree angle to the grain. The pre shave oil is not a bad idea either. I think that your razor is fine. In the end though, some of us will always have a little stubble in those irritating places.

Check out www.eshave.com they have great products and lots of suggestion to help with common shaving problems.

I hate shaving by the way. If I didn't have to shave my face for my job I wouldn't!! I do however shave my head and love that so you can see I do shave a lot! lol Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

DL
You could Nair yourself. If you aren't familiar with the product, Nair is "hair acid" it eats up the hair follicle completely and takes a while to grow make too. You go a couple of days without doing a thing and wake up just as smooth as if you had just shaved. Just make sure you buy the kind especially for the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Masturbation Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting

vc .net